Sunday, February 3, 2008

Techno Meets the O.C.


Sometimes it takes really bad techno to appreciate the truly good music in life. Sometimes it takes a group of newborn friends, sitting in a hazy bubble, to crush boredom on an otherwise disappointing Saturday. Putting aside the techno surplus that forced my ears to bleed, the moment came out as one unique connection. Sitting, watching other people set their worries aside and become completely selfless within the music created a thing of beauty in my mind. So when the hose came to me, I thought about God. It's hard sometimes but in all things God can be represented. I found God in the small community cramped up around an ashy end table at a techno dance party. I found God in the faces of friends around that table. I found God in the silence of the car ride back home. Later that night i found Him in a very unusaul setting. I found myself watching the O.C. I know it sounds lame, but somehow there is something about sexy, dramatic, unrealistic teen drama that brings people together. In those early morning hours filled with heartbreak and tears reflecting from the glowing telivison i found a since of community. A community among friends, and it was in that community that i found God.

Remember to always love one another.
Bear

No comments: