Wednesday, February 20, 2008

One Mississippi


Well it's about time for another post and it seems like centuries since the last. I don't know about you but sometimes i'm just flat out lazy. I don't know why, but i do know it feels awesome. Falling asleep for me occasionally becomes a chore. A few nights ago i was lying in bed for what seemed to be eternity when my thoughts began to shift towards God. This is not uncommon, but often my thoughts drift off into other things like music, friends stories, my dream girl, my parents, my brother, politics, and the list goes on and on. This night my brain centered around God. I thought about how Christians use the word searching as terminology for non-believers and their spiritual longing. Then i thought, I know that i have found God but it is it possible to lose him in the routine of my daily life. Should we always be searching for God? I came to the conclusion that we must continue this search. It reminds me of the childhood game of hide-and-seek. God can hide in a variety of places and we get to try and find Him. When we do find him, the game starts all over again. God can be found in every situation that presents itself to us. We have the ability to see this but refuse and become blind to his qualities. We need to train ourselves to see beyond the terrible, hypocritical, devastating, exhausting, impatient, immoral things in life and just play hide-and-seek with our creator. Will you join me in this game, I'll be it first. One Mississippi...................

Lets Play
Bear

No comments: