Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Real Question

As I sit here, exasperated from dancing to a song (one which will remain unnamed), I wonder if we all have missed a huge part of life. When did everything become so complicated and serious? When did humanity become numb to the fact that simplicity is cool. When did the status quo of life become worry, trouble, and stress? It is all around. We need to do exactly as that overused cliche recommends. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. I am not blameless. It took me dancing to this unnamed song to finally come to the conclusion that I need more of this in my life. More joy, more brilliance, more out of controlness. At the end of the day what are we to do but simply laugh at ourselves. There will be enough worry, trouble, and stress for an entire life. And what do we fall back on, except the fact that everyday brings new mercies, new graces, new opportunities to find who we truly are, and enjoy the simple things in life. Like dancing crazy, and then laughing because you look like a huge tool. I want to laugh harder, love deeper, serve bloodier, and give worry, trouble, and stress hell. Everyone says they want to live life to the fullest, and it starts with everyday. So the real question is not, what do I have on my plate today, but how am I going to kick tail today. How am I going to live in such a way that the very joy I think about becomes a reality? Think about it, then crank the tunes, and dance.

This is Pim. Love Eachother. Be Cool

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i like to dance like crazy too. I did today a little and did a few times last week. not sure i want to serve bloodier, but the less worry and a life that is simpler, that is good. I'm trying.

keep writing. i'll read. thanks. maybe, one day you could join my mid afternoon dance party.