Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snapple

It is an unusual situation when Bear and I disagree. Today is one of those days. He thrives on Valentine's day. There is something about it that motivates him and sparks his mood. I, on the other hand, loathe it. I get in a bad mood, and am in a state of solitude. It is not the fact that I don't have a significant other or that I particularly hate pink and purple. It's the simple fact that Valentine's day is used as a special occasion by the hallmark to urge us to do what we should be doing everyday. Loving people. Not just for couples but for everyone. I will say one good thing about Valentine's Day: it does do its intended job. People get googly eyed, and remember why they fell in love to begin with. And for those who do not have a significant other, friendly cards and candy is passed around. It is a day of great joy for many and for many who don't have loved ones, it kind of sucks. But regardless of that fact, this joy needs to be a regular practice of humanity. The kind of joy that brings actions of doing good for others, giving out candy because you love someone, and an overall sense of generosity. I miss Snapple. You know the delightfully refreshing fruity drink? It's still around, but those awesome commercials do not really air anymore. Their tagline "made from the best stuff on earth" is probably my favorite, because I love fruit. There aren't very many things that are more pure than fruit. But the kind of joy that needs to take place everyday as though it is Valentine's Day...that is more pure. It is the best stuff on earth, and it originates from best stuff in heaven.

This Is Pim. Love Eachother. Be Cool. Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

two days w/o pim and bear...so sad.