Tuesday, February 17, 2009

.a simple request.

Tonight was a good night. The context of this Tuesday comes during a week where I have no classes. Our basketball team won their 13th straight game, making them 16-11. This is good news because if they win 17, Bear has to grow out a mustache for an entire week. He looks like your creepy uncle when sporting a mustache. Enough said. One of my greatest friends got awarded a game ball in the beginning of the game for scoring 1000 points in his career. Seeing his face when he found out (coach kept it a secret from him) brought incredible amounts of joy to me. I then was able to watch American Idol with some good friends, giving what is our obvious expert opinion on singing to each other. Quote of the night from American Idol: "Boy you slayed it dude, WHAT?!" -Randy Jackson. Tonight was a good night. Maybe to you it doesn't seem like a very good night because it was simple. But the good thing about simplicity is that it is not complex. Do we ever sit back and think about the simple things? We have a society that knows complexity. People are obsessed with figuring the most complex, intricate notions, which explains all of the graduate school scholars that are sitting in coffee shops reading their books that I will never understand. That is awesome for them. Society needs them, desperately...especially to explain stuff to stupid people like me. For a while now I have been an advocate of simplicity in this society of complexity. I read this book titled "Cold Tangerines" by Shauna Niequist last year. The umbrella over all of her thoughts, words, and chapters in the book was to take refuge in the simple things in life. Loved the book. It inspired me to do just that. There are many days that I forget to do that. Today is not one of those days. My simple request is for you to have one of those days.

This is Pim. Love Eachother. Be Cool.

No comments: