Sunday, February 15, 2009

She's Always Dressed In White...She's Like An Angel And She Burns My Eyes...

Ah, the long awaited Valentines Day. Bear was so courteous to let me write this blog on this special day yet again. This is probably because he has a beautiful girl, who I truly respect, and I could not be happier for them as they are together and well. While I, on the other hand, am one year later...single...drowning in a pool of my pathetic existence as a platonic lover to all I come in contact. (OK, that is a little dramatic, but it is the nature of this day). If you can remember from last year, you know that I hate this day, and as I explained last year it is not because I am single, but for more on that see the post "Snapple" from last year. As you probably expect, I am going to take about 300 or so words on this to explain my deep loathing for this holiday. I offer a curveball. You swung and miss. Didn't see it coming. I wish to commend this day. Although I stick to my notions that I had last year, I have found some light at the end of my proverbial Valentines Day hate tunnel. It came around last night when Bear was creating his scavenger hunt for his girl (who I am going to so lovingly call "polar bear" from now on). I was helping him with some odds and ends, and I realized...look how happy all of my friends are. My best friend is married, my other good friend is on his way, my other good friend is on his way still. I was just in a wedding with another good friend who is now on his internship...happy...married. Bear came out of his 23 year hibernation and is so happy. Love and relationship is all around me. Instead of being pissed off about it, I turn a new leaf. Call it a Valentine's Day resolution, if you will. I am happy for them, and I am happy that they had the opportunity to celebrate it with their significant others. I know this holiday is just a reminder to all us single people that life sucks, but come on...what do we really have to complain about? The economy? That's a copout. I know the girl is coming sometime. And for the girls, the guy is coming sometime. Don't lose faith. She/He will be dressed in white. Like an angel. Burning our eyes. Until then, we get to be happy for the people that we love around us, because their white dressed angel, burning their eyes was found. So here's to all the lovers! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I hope it finds you pure, happy, and gracious for what you have!

This is Pim. Love Eachother. Be Cool. Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you man

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pim

Anonymous said...

I'm Rich!!!!!

Ruthann said...

you both are fantastic and I am so lucky to call you both my dearest dearest friends...you both mean the world to me...i love you!!!!