Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Do You Like American Music?

I would like to start off by commending my partner in crime for writing a wonderful post on Valentines Day. I enjoyed my V-day very much and the post just made it that much better. Lately i've been listening to so much music. I believe that music proves the existence of God. One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from Mr. Kurt Vonnegut. Vonnegut stated, "Music is, to me, proof of the existence of God". Some people believe that Christian/Worship music is the only true music that can be used to glorify our creator or to feel an emotional attachment to Him. I have a confession to make, I feel Gods presence in all music and often times worship through the composition created by nonbelievers. I appreciate the God given talent that these singer and song writers use to the best of their abilities. To be honest sometimes i get goose-bumps. Sometimes music is so beautiful it almost becomes impossible to deny the nature of God inside of it. Music also brings us together. Just today i found myself in a car with Pim listening to a Pim and Bear favorite and in that moment i think we both were able to appreciate the relationship building melodies that flowed from the car stereo. It was in that moment that i worshiped my creator. I love my life and i love music. I will end with one important statement. Sometimes we all need to listen to Damien Rice.

Bear


No comments: