Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another Travelin' Song

This winter has gone on for what seems like decades. Springs fresh face is waiting just around the corner. With spring comes relaxation in the form of a break from school (a much needed break). I've been looking forward to this years break like UCONNS womens basketball team looks forward to another NCAA championship (30-0). This year me and PIM will find ourselves bobbing and weaving in the infamous Ali towards our destination of new life found in the land of the bigger and better........Texas. Warm weather, health facilities, and subdivisions that so closely resemble homes seen on MTV's CRIBS await us. This trip has been on my mind for months and it's finally arrived. I look forward to hibernating poolside in the seventy degree weather, i look forward to sleeping for more than six hours a night, and i also look forward to the quality time spent with one of my best good friends. As i reflect on this upcoming break i can see the importance of creating space in our infinitely cluttered lives to sit down and shut up for the sake of rejuvenation. Hopefully this break will re-energize my mind, body, and soul. I see myself exiting this break like Lebron James enters an NBA game. I just hope i can dominate like he does when i return. Pim also owes me a date. I guess this week of pure luxury will count as his date, after all i paid a mighty fine price to spend a night with a dude. It looks like in return i got a week with that very same dude. I look forward to it.

Relax

Bear

P.S. Pray for our Journey

No comments: