Thursday, March 19, 2009

All of life's secrets are in your branches

Last night i came to the realization that in a few short months i will be considered on my own. The thought hit me while listening to a good friend, that finds himself in a similar position, speak on the subject of peace. I really enjoyed what he shared, partially because he did a very good job communicating the subject and more importantly because his words connected to my current situation. I wouldn't consider this time in my life a storm but i would say that the waves are growing and becoming a concern. The past few days these thoughts have been growing heavy on my heart and peace has been something that i have often neglected. I know where my peace comes from and i know that i have accepted the peace given to me through my Savior Jesus Christ. The problem comes when i forget to use His peace. Today i have been able to grasp a portion of this peace and accept it for what it is. The peace that i found did not wipe away my current problem, my current homework situation, or my constant thoughts concerning the future. The peace that i found granted me knowledge. Nothing in the past, present, or future can take away the peace presented to me on the cross. The story of the cross allows me to ultimately know that none of these aforementioned things will separate me from an eternity with the Savior. I've also come to the conclusion that i do not like the idea of being considered on my own. I think I'm the furthest I've ever been from being on my own. I have a group of friends that constantly lifts my spirits. I have a family that truly cares for me. I have a girlfriend that is unbelievable. I have a God that is forever with me and forever loving. The only thing left for me to do now is fall on my knees.

Peace and Love
Bear

No comments: