Thursday, August 27, 2009

Something

Recently in our community a child passed away because of head trauma. The death hit close to home with one of my work associates. Our employees were devastated to hear the news. It was in that devastation that i was asked a very difficult question. One of my superiors questioned why God allowed the passing to take place. She asked me my thoughts. I gave the best answer that i could in the moment but wish i had more time to talk to her personally about the subject. I reflected for some time after i encountered the question and came up with something i would like to share. In moments of death, especially accidental deaths like this one, my faith is God is strengthened in a strange way. To me it almost enhances the truth of the word of God. God created something perfect and is working His way back to that perfection through His Spirit and through His Son. I recently read a devotional about parents grief. It talked about how there is no greater suffering than losing a child. At the time i thought the devotional meant nothing to me because i found the application to be difficult. Now i realize that in Gods perfect plan he issued on Himself the greatest suffering a parent could endure. God mapped out the suffering and brutal death of His only child so that sinners like me could be forever with Him. God gave us free will for a reason. He gave us the responsibility to make choices. God is in control but does not control. Without the ability to make free choices we lose the ability to love.... God is Love. Love requires faith. God requires both.

No comments: